DESIGN COMMUNICATION 1A + B: ON-SITE SKETCHING + TONAL VALUES

Communicating designs through drawings is essential for every architect. For our first Design Communication assignment, our lecturers gave us a little warm up exercise. We are required to produce 8 sketches; the first 4 are site sketches that include 2 exteriors and 2 interiors of Taylors University Lakeside Campus, another 4 are hatching practices that include single hatch, cross hatch, stippling and scribbling. I got to admit that I liked Scribbling more than Stippling

On-site sketches

Tonal values


Reflection:
Through the exercise, I've learnt to capture images using my bare eyes. It was difficult to give my chosen views a frame at first, but soon I got the hang of it. It was an interesting experience doing on-site sketches on campus as people walks past you wondering what you're doing sitting in such weird position in the middle of the way. Also,  I experienced countless hours stippling to create different tones and with the same results done within minutes with scribbling technique.




Comments

Popular Posts