BUILDING MATERIALS 1: SOLID VS VOID


Solids and voids are the fundamentals of creating a space. For this assignment, we are required to create a model within 1 cubic foot by using ONE modular form. Using 3 materials (with a compulsory transparency), we explore light and shadows. At the end of the day, we have to produce orthographic drawings of our final product.

Initially, I thought of using cubes but it was a little too conventional and I assume a lot will choose it. So I changed my mind to picking triangular pyramids, which ended up looking like nasi lemak with waffles in it. Maybe I was too hungry.






Reflection:
I was lost at first in this assignment not knowing what to do and what it's actually about. But then when ideas hit me like a wrecking ball, I can't stop my hands from working. It was a very enjoyable assignment and I really loved the waffles in the model although I spent a lot of time on it.


Comments

Popular Posts